The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms & Country Lodge - Beverley

East End Walkington
Beverley HU17 8RX

The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms & Country Lodge Beverley
Set in the picturesque village of Walkington we are just three miles from Beverley with its wonderful Minster traditional Market Square and shops. With Beverley racecourse just over 1 mile away York and the East Coast towns of Hornsea Bridlington and Scarborough nearby there is plenty to see and do in the area. The Ferguson Fawsitt was named after two important local families. The original license at the Ferguson Fawsitt was granted in 1866 when J.D. Ferguson brother of the rector married wealthy heiress Miss. Eliza Fawsitt. The original name of the pub was The Bay Horse and the area now known as the Cocktail Bar was originally the village blacksmith s shop which was in use until 1950. The Carvery area was the area the blacksmiths used to repair carraige wheels and shoe the horses. The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms has seen many changes over the years but still retains many features from bygone days. The latest addition is our 10 bedroomed accommodation Lodge. The Lodge is situated away from the main building giving peace and quiet in a contempory but cosy atmosphere.

Directions to The Ferguson Fawsitt Arms & Country Lodge Beverley

M62 - Road: By Car - Following the M62 towards Hull take Junction 38 and follow the B1230 towards Beverley. Take the turning for Walkington. We are located in the centre of the village on the left. By Train - Beverley Station is 3.5mls away. Taxis are available at station. Humberside Airport is over the Humber Bridge approx 25 mls away. The Port of Hull with P&O Ferries to Holland and Belgium is 10 miles away. br/ br/ Humberside Air Port - Air: Follow signs to Hull - cross over the Humber Bridge and follow signs for Beverley - follow signs for Walkington. br/ br/ Port of Hull - Boat: Follow directions for Beverley then Walkington

Rooms from £